Boat designed: George Buehler. Started deck beams on December 1,2004. Keel and deck beams went to the boat shed December, 2006. I have been working on this project for about 10 years and have not lost interest in it. My progress continues. I lost two years due to the storm Sandy. My progress on the boat far exceeds the posts on this site.I am going to post pictures showing progress. Bottom line is building is better than blogging.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Beams and the beam jig
This shows the deck beams tightened down and waiting for the glue to set up. I used Titebond 2 glue. On the leftThis shows the deck beams tightened down and waiting for the glue to set up. I used Titebond 2 glue. On the left of the jig are the deck beams for the Stateroom and the beams forward of the Galley. The Pilot house and Galley beams, are being laminated on the other side of the beam jig. With this set up, I could laminate two beams a night. As George says its fun but it's a messy process. Waxed paper would be placed between the mold and the glued beam to prevent sticking to the mold. Once set the beam would br run through the planer till smooth and then a few coats of Tongue Oil